Are you ready to get a jump start on St. Patrick’s Day fun? Wine and dine at one of the District restaurants, browse the new and exciting exhibits at the nine District galleries and explore all the unique things the District has to offer during the Second Saturday IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk on 5-9 p.m., March 14.
Join Irish Native Rosaleen Crowley in celebrating her Irish culture with “Land of Mine: An Irish Journey through Art and Poetry,” where she will share her paintings, poems and stories, display a miniature Irish Farmhouse and answer questions about her cultural heritage. After a quick history lesson, commemorate the evening with a fun photo op featuring St. Patrick’s Day themed props and costumes. A professional photographer will be on hand to take your photo and will e-mail them directly to you at a later date. These free activities will be located at 111 W. Main St., Suite 135 (next door to Auntie Em’s Frozen Custard & Cupcakes).
Additional features and activities taking place during the March Gallery Walk include:
- A showcase of fine art paintings by new artist Susie Gregory at ArtSplash Gallery(111 W. Main St., Suite 140)
- Exhibit of works by Lindsey Tull at Inspire Gallery (111 W. Main St., Suite 120). Lindsey’s passion is capturing the beauty of the Midwestern landscape where she grew up, giving each piece her own creative interpretation
- A special feature of first grade student Jamylah’s artwork “Red Poppy” at the World’s Smallest Children’s Art Gallery (40 W. Main St.). “Red Poppy” was a part of the recent Georgia O’Keeffe exhibition at the IMA and selected in a statewide competition for this honor.
- Opening reception of “Abstract” at Hoosier Salon (22 N. Range Line Rd.)
- Free samples of tasty treats made with their oils at The Olive Mill (10 S. Range Line Rd.)
- Free caricatures by Custom Eyes Design (In Auntie Em’s Frozen Custard & Cupcakes 111 W. Main St., Suite 130)
- Entertainment by harpist Jan Aldridge-Clark at Inspire Gallery (111 W. Main St., Suite 120)
Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find select pieces of art in each of the participating galleries and businesses. Begin the hunt at the ArtSplash Gallery (111 W. Main St., Suite 140); follow the clues through the District, then turn in your completed clue sheet to receive a lucky charm. Collect a different charm at each Gallery Walk throughout the year to complete a whole charm bracelet by the end of the year. Your completed clue sheet will also enter you for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- Print from Roseanne Crowell of ArtSplash Gallery ($30 value)
- Beleek Irish porcelain ($35 value)
- Gift certificate from Scotty’s Brewhouse ($60 value)
- Two gift baskets filled with goodies ($25 value and $45 value)
- Print of Ireland by Marie Reamer ($40 value)
A map of the gallery locations and more information about the IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk activities can be found at www.CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage(entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or available on-street public parking. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/images/Carmel_District_ParkingMap.pdf.