Late night fire causes $65k in damages to Noblesville home

0

Forgetting to extinguish candles is the probable cause of a residential fire near downtown Noblesville on Aug. 20.

At approximately 12:45 a.m., the Noblesville Fire Dept. was dispatched to a 247 N. Ninth St. Upon arrival three minutes later, Division Chief Rick Russell said crews reported smoke and flames visible.

Russell said the homeowner, Charles Jones, stated he was asleep in bed when his smoke alarms started to sound. Jones told investigators he discovered a fire in his dining room, exited the home and called 911.

Officials said the fire has originated in the dining room – specifically in the area where there were remains of candles.

“The home owner stated earlier in the evening a thunderstorm rolled through the area and he lost power,” Russell said. “Mr. Jones lit a couple of candles in the dining room so he would have some light.  Mr. Jones stated he went to bed and forgot to extinguish the candles.”

Officials said the fire caused approximately $65,000 in damages.

Share.

Current Morning Briefing Logo

Stay CURRENT with our daily newsletter (M-F) and breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox for free!

Select list(s) to subscribe to



By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Current Publishing, 30 S. Range Line Road, Carmel, IN, 46032, https://www.youarecurrent.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact