Because Santa Claus isn’t able to visit up-close with many children this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, he is touring Carmel neighborhoods on a firetruck to greet families and welcome the holiday season.
The city has created four routes, with one in different sections of the city. The Carmel Fire Dept. will drive Santa and other special guests along each route twice. The tours are from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday and Sunday evenings.
Those wanting to see Santa are encouraged to decorate their homes and wear festive attire to show their holiday spirit.
Remaining dates are:
- Dec. 6, Dasher’s Drive (southeast)
- Dec. 9, Rudolph’s Route (north central)
- Dec. 13, Prancer’s Path (west)
- Dec. 16, Comet’s Course (northeast)
- Dec. 20, Rudolph’s Route (north central)
- Dec. 23, Dasher’s Drive (southeast)
A map of the routes and Santa’s progress may be viewed at HolidaysinCarmel.com.