A Fishers man has been arrested and charged with armed robbery, burglary with a deadly weapon and several other charges stemming from an incident March 4 in Carmel.
Police said they were called to a weapons complaint in the 10200 block of Westfield Boulevard March 4 but that the suspect had fled the scene before they arrived. Officers determined a shot was fired during an altercation but that it did not strike anyone. A victim on the scene suffered minor injuries as a result of an altercation.
Richard N. Atwell, 38, was arrested and booked into the Morgan County Jail facing the following charges from Hamilton County:
- Burglary with a deadly weapon – Level 2 Felony
- Armed Robbery – Taking property by force while armed (attempted) – Level 3 Felony
- Armed Robbery – Taking property putting someone in fear while armed with deadly weapon (attempted) – Level 3 Felony
- Criminal Confinement while armed with a deadly weapon – Level 3 Felony
- Intimidation with a deadly weapon – Level 5 Felony
- Domestic Battery by means of a deadly weapon – Level 5 Felony
- Criminal recklessness – shooting a firearm into a building – Level 5 Felony
- Pointing a firearm at another – Level 6 Felony
- Criminal Recklessness committed with a deadly weapon – Level 6 Felony
- Domestic Battery – A Misdemeanor
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Carmel Police Dept. Criminal Investigation Division at 317-571-2551 or Crime Stoppers at 317-262-8477.