- The intersection of Gray Road and Main Street is closed for construction of a roundabout. It is planned to reopen in August.
- Veteran’s Way between Civic Square and the city hall parking lot is closed for repairs to the Duke Energy transmission duct bank installed in December. The project is expected to take three weeks with the road reopening before CarmelFest.
- Lane restrictions have begun near Keystone Parkway and 96th Street, where a new roundabout interchange will be built. Construction is expected to last through 2019.
- Construction of a new roundabout at 96th Street and Hazel Dell Parkway is under way. Completion is expected by July. The road will be partially closed.
- 96th Street is closed at Priority Way for construction of a roundabout. The closure is expected to last until August.
- The intersection of Third Avenue SW and City Center Drive is closed for construction of a roundabout. The closure is expected to last through June.
- Range Line Road is restricted to one lane in both directions between Carmel and City Center drives for improvements. Construction is expected to be complete by July 4.
- Construction on a new access ramp from Lowes Way to Keystone Parkway is under way. Phase one of the project is expected to be complete in October 2019.
- 116th Street is closed between Towne and Spring Mill roads for replacement of a bridge east of Clay Center Road and a culvert over Williams Creek just west of Ditch Road. The road is expected to reopen in August.
- Phase 2 of the 146th Street construction project is under way between Ditch and Towne roads. A frontage road will be available to access homes and businesses. Phase 2 is expected to be complete this summer.
- W. 96th Street is closed west of Ditch Road for a storm water culvert project. The road is expected to reopen by July 1. Lane restrictions are expected through August.
- Carmel Drive and Old Meridian Street is expected to close on or after July 5 for construction of a roundabout. The closure is planned through August.
- North Range Line Road from 136th Street to U.S. 31 was expected to close on or after June 15 for construction. The closure is planned until early 2019.
- River Road was expected to close on or after June 18 from Cherry Creek Boulevard to 146th Street for landscaping and trail work. The road is expected to reopen June 29.
- An expansion of Cherry Creek Boulevard is anticipated to begin in July and be complete before the end of the year.
- 136th Street is closed between Southeastern Parkway and Prairie Baptist Road for the construction of a new roundabout. Details on detour routes will be released soon. The project began May 7 and will be complete in late September, but 136th Street is expected to be open before then.
- 106th Street is closed to through traffic from Eller Road to Allisonville Road and from Allisonville Road to Hague Road for the 106th Street Infrastructure Project. Closures will also take place from Hague Road to the Crosspoint Boulevard/Lantern Road roundabout. The project is expected to be complete this fall. Eller Road is closed to through traffic south of White Horse Lane for concrete work associated with the 106th Street Infrastructure Project and should reopen this fall.
- Periodic lane restrictions will occur at the intersection of 131st Street and Cumberland Road for utility relocation work. The intersection of 131st and Cumberland Road is closed for 45 days for the construction of a new roundabout. The project began May 29.
- Lane restrictions will take place along 131st Street between Allisonville Road and Lantern Road for the construction of the Conner Trail, which travels from Conner Prairie to the Municipal Complex. This is projected to be complete by early fall.
- Lane restrictions will be in place, as weather permits, along Allisonville Road from 126th Street to 131st Street for tree clearing to allow for a roadway expansion project. Restrictions will be in place between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and flaggers will be on site directing traffic, as necessary. This project is expected to be complete by winter.
- Brooks School Road is closed from 126th Street to 136th Street for the construction of a sidewalk to the east side of a bridge over I-69. Traffic detours will be through 126th Street, Promise Road and 136th Street. The road will reopen in early August.
- Lane restrictions are in place on Mollenkopf Road between 96th Street and 106th Street for paving work. Flaggers are in place.
- Road closures will take place from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays on the east side of Municipal Drive for the farmers market. Parking is available in The Depot and The Switch garages. On Tuesday and Friday evenings, concerts are held on the Central Green and Municipal Drive will be closed in front of city hall beginning at noon on those days. At the same time, North Street and Municipal Drive are right-turn only and Fishers Center Drive and Municipal Drive is left-turn only. Street parking is restricted on Municipal Drive during concert days.
- Fortville Pike, between East 200 North and East 300 North will be closed for a bridge replacement. Lanes along I-70 will be reduced, and the closure will last through Sept. 3.
- In Lawrence, the city is working through the summer to make road improvements on 52nd Street from Pendleton Pike to German Church Road; on Mitthoefer Road from 52nd Street to Weeping Willow Drive; on 59th Street from Wheeler Road to Lee Road; and on Sandalwood Drive from Sinclair Drive to 52nd Street.
- In its work to make upgrades to northern Old Town storm sewer systems, Noblesville Utilities has begun installing storm pipe and bricks on Clinton and Logan streets downtown. Milling began June 18, and repaving began June 25, to be complete in July. Sidewalk restoration and work on rain gardens at 10th and Wayne streets will be completed by early July. Construction began in August 2017 to separate combination sewers so stormwater is sent to White River, and the sanitary sewage is sent to the city’s wastewater treatment plant.
- Road reconstruction work began last month at 276th Street near U.S. 31. The road will be closed to all through traffic for 90 calendar days, tentatively opening back up to traffic on or before July 31. During the closure, local traffic should utilize the signed detour route of 266th Street and Devaney Road. Property owners will continue to have access to their properties. This project will widen the lanes and shoulders from U.S. 31 to Gwinn Road and is the second of three phases of work to take place.
- Construction of a single-lane roundabout at Strawtown Avenue and Ind. 37 in north Noblesville is ongoing. Ind. 37 will remain open with some changes to normal traffic patterns. Strawtown Avenue will be closed for up to 90 days. The Indiana Dept. of Transportation expects the intersection to be fully open this fall.
- Strawtown Avenue, between Prairie Baptist Road and Cyntheanne Road, is closed for the replacement of Bridge No. 124 over Dyers Creek in White River Township. During the closure, motorists should utilize the signed detour route consisting of Prairie Baptist Road, 226th Street and Cyntheanne Road. Strawtown Avenue is expected to reopen to traffic on Aug. 31.
- The Indiana Dept. of Transportation recently released an update regarding a pavement preservation project. Lane restrictions will be in place on U.S. 31 from U.S. 38 to the U.S. 31 bypass in Tipton County for pavement rehabilitation. Traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction during the construction. E&B Paving crews will be patching asphalt and concrete, milling and resurfacing. INDOT encourages drivers to slow down and stay alert while driving near crews. Arrow boards and barrels will be in place to direct traffic around the crews. The project began on April 30 and should be complete this fall.
- Pavement resurfacing has begun around the city. Completion is scheduled for late fall or early summer. Roads being resurfaced include Ditch Road from 156th Street to 171st Street, 186th Street from Eagletown Road to just west of Spring Mill Road, 151st Street from just east of U.S. 31 to Carey Road and more.
- Utility relocation is wrapping up for the Towne Road reconstruction and a full closure will begin this month. Earthwork and storm infrastructure will begin next. The project is expected to be complete in December.
- Utility relocations are ongoing for Monon Trail Phase 5, which will construct a pedestrian bridge over Ind. 32. Letting is on track for July. The project is expected to be complete in fall 2019, but a specific date has not been announced.
- Clearing has been completed for the Monon Trail Phase 7, which extends the trail from 191st Street to 216th Street. Storm infrastructure is currently under way. Earthwork and grading will begin soon. The project is expected to be complete in September.
- The next phase of construction has begun at Whitestown Parkway and Indianapolis Road. Indianapolis Road north of the intersection of County Road 550 is now closed at the new TA Travel Center drive. The posted detour will utilize County Road 550 South from Indianapolis Road to County Road 475 East, County Road 475 East down to County Road 750 South, then back up north to Whitestown Parkway. Westbound Whitestown Parkway, coming from I-65, will be detoured south down Indianapolis Road to County Road 750 South then across to County Road 475 East and back up to Whitestown Parkway. Eastbound coming toward the site also will use 475 East to 750 South to Indianapolis Road. It is anticipated this phase of construction will last until Aug. 10.
- Drivers heading east on 116th Street from Zionsville to Carmel will need to use provided detours, as 116th Street is currently closed between Towne Road and Spring Mill Road for stormwater projects. The projects include the replacement of a bridge just east of Clay Center Road and a culvert over Williams Creek, just west of Ditch Road. Construction is expected to continue through August 15th. The road is open to local traffic only, with a detour using 106th Street.
- The Indiana Dept. of Transportation has alerted motorists of the closing of Ind. 47 over I-65 in Boone County. This closure will last through the end of September. INDOT is replacing the deck on the bridge. The detour will utilize U.S. 52 to Ind. 32 to Ind. 39. The full project includes patching and resurfacing I-65 from one mile south of U.S. 52 in Lebanon to nearly 3 1/2 miles south of Ind. 38 in Lafayette, replacing the decks on the Ind. 47 Bridge and on Tippecanoe County Road 900 East and Clinton County Road 1000 West bridges over I-65. The project is scheduled to be completed in October.
- New construction of a roadway connection of County Road 400 South (Albert S. White) to County Road 300 South on the east side of Whitestown. This project also included the construction of the new bridge over Jackson Creek (Boone County Bridge No. 190). The corridor is being developed as a two-lane roadway with the ability to easily expand to a four-lane divided roadway in the future.
- Reconstruction of Holliday Road over Eagle Creek is currently in the design process, anticipated to be bid upon in fall 2019. The goal is to reconstruct the damaged historic structure, utilizing as much of the existing structure as possible, in accordance with local, state and federal laws. The funding for the design is 100 percent loal, while the construction funding is 80 percent federal and 20 percent local.