By Sadie Hunter
The City of Noblesville has announced its production of a Noblesville spin on a summer viral trend.
Cities and organizations across the nation have danced their way to internet stardom to singer Justin Timberlake’s newest single, “Can’t Stop the Feeling.”
Videos across YouTube and Facebook have portrayed everyday folks representing their cities, often dancing in landmark places throughout town. Locally, places like Wellbrooke of Westfield, Carmel Indiana Dancers and the City of Tipton have made their own videos.
Noblesville is asking for the help of the community in creating its own, including businesses, organizations and residents, to join in on the filming. Various city departments will film a small portion of the video, including Noblesville Mayor John Ditslear, but the rest of the video will be submitted by the public or filmed at citywide events like the Noblesville Street Dance July 9. Filming has already taken place at Noblesville Utilities and at the June 23 Summer Concert Series.
“Noblesville is a fun place to live, work and play and this video will be our way to show the world why we love Noblesville and how much fun it is to be here,” Mayor John Ditslear stated. “We want to highlight the community – its people and places – in reply to JT’s challenge.”
“We’ve seen other cities go viral with their videos and have an amusing time doing so. That’s what we hope to achieve with this video, spreading the word of Noblesville with a smile on our face,” said Communications Manager Robert Herrington. “We hope to get as many local videos as we can to truly showcase our diverse community. Taking just a few minutes for a short recording could land you in the final video.”
- The city has asked that those interested in submitting videos should follow these guidelines:
- Film horizontally at the highest resolution setting possible on your phone or video camera.
- Dance and film in a well-lit area.
- Submit a minimum of 30 seconds of a wide-angle shot and 30 sections of close-up shots to provide more options for editing.
- Don’t lip sync. This will make editing to fit with the song more difficult. Any audio or sound will not be included, as “Can’t Stop The Feeling” will be played over the entire video.
- Try to showcase your favorite part of Noblesville or your business/organization.
- Any obscene content will result in the entire video being disregarded.
The deadline to submit a video is July 6. For more, or to submit your video, email Robert Herrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.