Grand Park recently released a graphic created by Wilkinson Brothers that details the park’s capacity by including Indianapolis venues in the graphic such as the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the Indianapolis Zoo, Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse and Victory Field.
For more, visit grandpark.org.
Grand Park Stats
Sports Campus (outdoor)
- Groundbreaking: Nov. 18, 2011
- Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting: June 21, 2014
- 400-acre sports campus
- 31 soccer/multipurpose fields
- 26 outdoor baseball/softball diamonds
- 10+ miles of pedestrian/bicycle trails, including the largest trailhead on the Monon Corridor
Grand Park Events Center (indoor field sports)
- Grand Opening Celebration scheduled for July 21-23.
- Developed as a public-private partnership with Holladay Properties and City of Westfield
- $20 million, 370,000-square-foot indoor facility will feature:
- Three full-size soccer fields for sports or large-scale events
- Locker rooms
- Office space
- Meeting space
- Full-service restaurant operated by Jonathan Byrd’s
- 1.5 million visitors per year
- $147.7 Million in economic Impact to central Indiana region
- 1,400 acres of developable land adjacent to sports campus for residential and commercial uses
- Grand Park Village will feature a 20-acre lake with a boardwalk and dining, shopping and entertainment venues
Source: City of Westfield