Several restaurants are looking at Carmel as the right city to open another location of established eateries.
Many chains – local, national and international – are opening new storefronts in Carmel soon. For some, like Mimi Blue Meatballs, it’s only their second location.
- OEC Japanese Express, 14580 River Rd., will join two other recently opened Asian restaurants in Carmel. OMONI Fresh Korean Fast Grill opened at 13710 N. Meridian St. and Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya opened at 2450 E. 146th St.. OEC Japanese Express is chain out of Louisville, Ky. that sells fast-food Japanese food, including sushi. OMONi is not a chain but Kizuki is, with locations in four states in addition to Japan and Tawain.
- Juice Bar Carmel is opening at 1420 W. Main St. this summer. It’s a part of a Nashville, Tenn. brand that sells all-natural smoothies, juices, wraps and salads. Juice Bar has locations in more than 15 states.
- Bar Louie is set to open at The Olivia, a Keystone-owned, mixed-use development on Old Meridian. Bar Louie has more than 100 locations nationwide.
- Mimi Blue Meatballs will open in the space formerly occupied by Crust Pizzeria at 12505 Old Meridian St. Mimi Blue Meatballs, owned by Michael Kosene, has another at 870 Massachusetts Ave. The restaurant serves a variety of turkey, beef and vegetarian meatballs with different sauces. Kosene’s father and uncle own Kosene & Kosene Residential, a real estate development company that owns the building. This is only the second location for the local restaurant. Crust is moving not too far away. The pizzeria is relocating to the space formerly occupied by Michelle’s Family Restaurant at 840 W. Main St. Crust is not a chain and only has one location.
- Meanwhile at The Bridges, there’s plenty of new tenants in the works. Two chains are coming. McDonald’s opened last week and Potbelly Sandwich Shop announces they will join the area as well. There are more than 400 locations for Potbelly Sandwich nationwide.