Serious damage was avoided after a vehicle’s mechanical failure caused a fire inside the garage of a Noblesville home on Feb. 12.
Firefighters were dispatched to 11230 Black Gold Dr. on a report of a possible residence fire at 5:37 p.m. NFD Division Chief Rick Russell said upon arrival, firefighters reported smoke showing from the attached garage of the two-story residence. An interior attack was made on the working fire in the garage and crews had the fire under control at 5:51 p.m.
Russell said the fire originated from a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix.
“The last driver, Julie Main, reported that when she parked the car in the garage she thought she smelt something hot. Mrs. Main stated she went back to the garage a few minutes later and discovered the fire,” he stated.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the car and there was little to no damage to the interior of the home. Russell said the fire caused $8,000 in damages.