Fire displaces family

0
A fire at 7753 Sunflower Drive caused $140,000 in damages to the Noblesville home. (Submitted photo)

A fire at 7753 Sunflower Drive caused $140,000 in damages to the Noblesville home. (Submitted photo)

A fire that started in a garage has caused $140,000 in damages to a Noblesville home. The Noblesville Fire Dept. was dispatched at 6:17 p.m. Sept. 10 to a possible residence fire at 7753 Sunflower Drive in the Windwood at Morse housing addition. NFD Division Chief Rick Russell said the home was occupied by Wendy Gutreuter, and her three children at the time of the fire. Gutreuter’s husband, Keith, was at work when the fire occurred.

The couple’s 19-year-old son, Nick, was on the couch watching TV when he heard a noise out in the garage. Nick told officials the noise continued for approximately two minutes before he went to see what was going on. When he opened the door to the garage it was full of flames and smoke. Nick quickly shut the door and alerted his family about the fire in the garage.

Russell stated the garage was being used as a storage space for the family. The fire originated in the area where a couch was set up for lounging. The home was owned by Linda Olsen of Noblesville.


Current Morning Briefing Logo

Stay CURRENT with our daily newsletter (M-F) and breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox for free!

Select list(s) to subscribe to



By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Current Publishing, 30 S. Range Line Road, Carmel, IN, 46032, https://www.youarecurrent.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
Share.