Miller spirit will be on display downtown as Noblesville prepares for its Homecoming game. From 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, the city’s I HEART Noblesville series will return with a new focus on the Heart of Culture. From visual art and music to food, fun and team spirit – this First Friday event will be like no other hosted throughout the year.
“October says fall weather and football get-togethers,” said Mayor John Ditslear. “With an amazing amount of activities taking place at the beginning of the month, there is no better way than to showcase how things work together in this community. The culture of Noblesville is abundant and this event embraces all that one can do in just a few hours.”
The theme of the I Heart Culture event is “Tailgate Your Talent.” Local artists, artisans and restaurants will participate in the event by tailgating their specific crafts/talents on the sidewalks of Noblesville’s downtown square. The community is invited to experience art in all forms—visual, musical and taste.
“We’re trying to bring school spirit back to downtown merchants. It’s the perfect time to do something like this with all the people coming down to the Homecoming parade,” said Noblesville Economic Development Specialist Alania Shonkwiler. “We’re playing Westfield so they have to come through downtown Noblesville to get to the game.”
Shonkwiler said more than 30 downtown windows will be decorated for homecoming by Noblesville Schools’ student groups. A few additional windows may be open and anyone interested should contact Shonkwiler at 776-6345. Painting will take place Wednesday and Thursday and Miller Backers will judge the windows and award prizes Friday.
The event will follow the Noblesville High School homecoming parade and end just before the screening of the movie “Ghostbusters” on the northeast side of the courthouse lawn.
The Heart of Culture and First Friday events will include
• Tailgate Your Talents festival – artist and artisan work on display and available for purchase.
• Barley Island Beer Garden – local beer tasting, including the Nickel Plate Wheat made for the new Nickel Plate Arts Campus in downtown Noblesville.
• Matteo’s Streetside Wine Tasting – a taste of Italy on the square.
• Young at heART Paint Station – create your own art by “free painting” on a large canvas banner.
• Kids’ Fall Fun – Main Street presents pumpkin decorating and hayrides.
• Spirit Window Art Display – NHS student groups sharing visual spirit through painting of downtown merchant windows.
• Nickel Plate Arts Campus Open House – the newly renovated Judge Stone House building at 107 S. 8th Street will be open for tours.
Shonkwiler said admission to this event is free and open to the community. Artist wares as well as food and beverage will require purchase with specific costs determined at artists’ and merchants’ discretions.
For additional information regarding the event, contact Shonkwiler at 776-6345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.