NFD fights two residential fires, August 5


Fire Luann and Fire Lochaven (Photos provided by NFD)

Two separate residential fires on August 5 caused a total of $145,000 worth of damages.

At approximately 10:29 p.m., the Noblesville Fire Dept. was dispatched to 8725 Luann St., Noblesville. The 911 caller, Linda Domke, stated that she had been out in the garage watching TV for approximately one hour before she went back into the residence and discovered her home full of smoke.

NFD Division Chief Rick Russell said firefighters arrived on the scene at 10:35 p.m. and reported that smoke was visible from the front side of the structure. Fire suppression crews made an interior attack on the fire and had it under control at 10:51 p.m.

14822 MacDuff Dr.

The fire originated in the living room of the home.

“The possible cause of the fire was a candle left burning in the living room,” said Russell. “The fire has caused approximately $85,000 in damages.”

Russell said the home was owned by Theodore Trumbauer of Greenwood and Domke and Rebekah Ferrell were occupants of the residence.

Just earlier that day, a residential fire in the Lochaven housing addition of Noblesville caused approximately $60,000 worth of damages.

Russell said the firefighters were dispatched to a residence fire located at 14822 MacDuff Dr., Noblesville, at 6:06 a.m. Three minutes later, fire suppression crews arrived on the scene, reporting that no flames or smoke were visible from the exterior of the structure. However, upon entering the residence they discovered a working fire in the basement. The fire was under control at 6:30 a.m.

“The homeowners, Thane and Tara Bushong, stated that lightning struck very close to their home,” explained Russell. “Mr. Bushong said he started to smell smoke a few minutes later and while he was investigating the smell of smoke he discovered a fire in the basement.”

Russell said the fire originated in the basement of the home between the floors where a flex gas line, a metal support for the heating system and other cables come together.

There were no injuries associated with either incident.

Lightening causes house fire

The overnight thunderstorms and lightning are believed to have caused a residential fire in the early hours of Aug. 9. At 5:08 a.m., NFD firefighters were dispatched to 15910 Bounds Dr. The home owner, Eli Shebanov, stated that he believes that his home was struck by lightning. Shebanov said he did not notice any problems after the strike, but a few minutes later his smoke detectors in the home started to sound. He then discovered that the attic space above his bedroom was on fire. There are no injuries or deaths to report. An estimated dollar loss was not available prior to publication.

Current Morning Briefing Logo

Stay CURRENT with our daily newsletter (M-F) and breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox for free!

Select list(s) to subscribe to

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Current Publishing, 30 S. Range Line Road, Carmel, IN, 46032, You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact