Action: Promotion within the fire department
- What it means: Drew M. Kjeldsen has successfully completed the department’s promotional process and is entitled to the new rank of pipeman.
- What’s next: Kjeldsen’s promotion was effective April 30.
Action: Temporary closure of Ninth and Conner streets
- What it means: Ninth Street between Conner and Logan streets and Logan between Eighth and Ninth streets will be temporary closed from 6 to 9:15 a.m. on June 19. The closure allows the lineup and release of 80 to 85 participating vehicles in the Rally Dixie 2012 Road Rally.
- What’s next: The Road Rally will begin in Noblesville and end three days later at Fort Walton Beach, Fla. For more information, visit www.rallynorthamerica.com.
Action: Contract for 2012 Community Development Block grant
- What it means: Myers Construction was awarded the contract for $122,407.87. As funds were saved from the previous year’s project, the county grant will cover the entire contract amount and the city will not have a match portion. The project includes the construction of approximately 350 linear feet of streetscape, including 62 square yards of permeable pavers, 635 linear feet of curb construction, 70 linear feet of block wall and miscellaneous landscaping.
- What’s next: This project will coordinate with the adjacent Judge Stone House rehabilitation.
Action: Construction contract for Promise Road resurfacing
- What it means: E&B Paving Inc. was awarded the contract for $123,594.18. The project includes the asphalt resurfacing of 2,200 centerline feet of Promise Road and School Zone signage, conduit and flashers.
- What’s next: Resurfacing will be completed before August – when Promise Road Elementary School opens for the 2012-2013 school year.
Action: Façade improvement agreement with 273 S. Eighth St. (Heavenly Sweets)
- What it means: The grant is for the removal of wood shingles which will then be replaced with architectural asphalt shingles, the replacement of seven plate glass windows to double hung windows with matching accent color, repainting of scallop siding on east and south gables, chimney restoration and the replacement of gutters and downspouts. The total project cost is $18,500 with a grant request of $9,250.
- What’s next: Improvements will begin within 60 days and be completed within six months to one year.