The 2012 Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee announced today the dates and times for the musical performances in the Super Bowl Village that will start on Friday, January 27, 2012. Two stages – the Pepsi Stage at Meridian and Georgia Streets and the Verizon Stage at Pennsylvania and Georgia Streets – will host bands daily through Super Bowl Sunday for the public to enjoy for free.
“The Super Bowl Village will provide an outdoor fan festival gathering spot for visitors and residents alike to enjoy,” said Allison Melangton, president and chief executive officer of the 2012 Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee. “Whether you’re a fan of country, hip-hop or rock, you’ll find music on both stages to enjoy.”
The schedule of bands is included below.
Emmy-award winning Zuri Hall will serve as the on-stage emcee in the Super Bowl Village as well as host for “Village TV.” Comedian and Super Bowl ambassador Mike Epps will also make special appearances throughout the week. More features announced today for the Super Bowl Village include:
- “Fire and Ice” Lounges will provide food and beverage sales in several locations through the Super Bowl Village.
- Super Dash, two human-powered wheels, one dedicated to each fan base of the competing Super Bowl teams, operate similar to a hamster wheel. Each day, the top 100-yard dash scores will be announced. On February 5, the division that generated the most energy will be crowned champion. The unique energy race that will energize football fans is provided by Global Inheritance, a 501C3 nonprofit organization.
- Kinect NFL PLAY 60 FanDome provides an immersive 360 degree inflated dome with full-body gaming on Kinect for Xbox 360. Kinect responds to body movement with controller-free gaming. The interactive Kinect gaming is exciting and new for seasoned gamers and rookies alike. Get active with Kinect!
- Papa John’s will provide a mobile kitchen near the Verizon Stage on Pennsylvania Street with pizza for purchase.
As additional bands are added over the coming days, an up-to-date schedule may be accessed on the Host Committee’s website.
Other previously announced elements in the Super Bowl Village include:
- ESPN Broadcast Studio on Pan Am Plaza
- The Ice Gurus Randy Finch and Derek Maxfield from the Food Network’s show Ice Brigade will entertain with live ice sculpting performances
- While pre-sale for ZipLine tickets has ended, walk-up sales for $10 per ride will be available daily for visitors to enjoy the 96’ tall, 800’ long ride down Capitol Avenue through the Super Bowl Village. Tickets must be purchased at the time of the ride, while spots last.
- Tailgate Town and Touchdown Alley will provide a fun football atmosphere as you enjoy the Village.
The Huddle at Circle Centre
The Host Committee also announced details for “The Huddle at Circle Centre,” the space formerly occupied by Nordstrom at Circle Centre. As a key venue near the Super Bowl Village, the Huddle will provide entertainment and dining options for visitors as well as a second floor retail component operated by LIDS Sports Group. Specifically, the Huddle will include:
- Chef’s Table
- End Zone Beer Garden
- Warming area with limited seating
- NFL Ticket Exchange
- LIDS Locker Room @ Circle Centre – 23,000 square feet of retail space with a wide assortment of Super Bowl and NFL merchandise
- LIVE WISH-TV broadcasts from the 24-Hour News 8 Huddle at Circle Centre studio
- Clear Channel Communications’ nationally syndicated Bob & Tom Show will do live morning broadcasts from The Huddle Thursday, February 2 and Friday, February 3. Limited space available. Check www.BobandTom.com for show details.
Hours of operation for the public area of The Huddle at Circle Centre include:
Friday, January 27 3:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Saturday, January 28 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Sunday, January 29 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Monday, January 30 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 31 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 1 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 2 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Friday, February 3 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Saturday, February 4 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Sunday, February 5 11:00 a.m. – TBD
With the support of The Penrod Society, the Host Committee also announced “The Huddle After Hours Club” that will be open during the celebration leading up to Super Bowl XLVI. The “Huddle After Hours Club” is located in the heart of the Super Bowl Village at 130 South Meridian Street (formerly the men’s department at Nordstrom). The Huddle After Hours Club is open to the public (21 years of age or older with valid state issued ID and a small cover charge) and will be an ultra lounge destination featuring top shelf cocktails, an exclusive VIP area and entertainment. Patrons can enter The Huddle After Hours Club near the intersection of Maryland and Meridian streets.
All access passes to The Huddle After Hours Club can be purchased in advance at www.huddleafterhours.com orwww.indyhuddle.com. The Huddle After Hours Club is smoke free and will be open during the following hours:
Friday, January 27 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Saturday, January 28 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Sunday, January 29 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Thursday, February 2 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Friday, February 3 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Saturday, February 4 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
“As the field of teams starts to narrow and fans make plans to visit downtown for all of the exciting opportunities in the Super Bowl Village, the Huddle and the NFL Experience presented by GMC, I’d also encourage them to ‘Know Before You Go’ which is our transportation and parking plan,” added Melangton. Park and ride options as well as important street restriction information may all be accessed on the Host Committee’s website.
Super Bowl Village Schedule of Bands
Additional bands to be announced and can be found on www.IndianapolisSuperBowl.com
|Super Kick Off||The Last Good Year||3:30 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Kramus (Q-95 band contest winner)||4:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Max Allen Band||5:45 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Bret Michaels||9:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Indy’s Super Cure||Orquesta Bravo||12:30 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Jon McLaughlin||1:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Cynthia Layne||2:45 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Lynda Sayyah||5:15 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Jennie DeVoe||8:00 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Patti Labelle||9:15 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Super Families||Special plans to be announced soon||Pepsi Stage|
|Corey Cox||1:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Will Hoge||4:00 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Railroad Earth||6:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Dierks Bentley||9:15 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Super Community||Healing Sixes||3:30 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Stereo Deluxe||5:00 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Living Proof||7:45 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Super Sports||Greta Speaks||3:30 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|DJ Helicon & Special Guests||5:00 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Hunter Smith Band||7:45 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Fuel||9:00 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Super ‘Biz Bowl’||Roxie||3:30 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Indy’s Legends of Doo Wop||5:00 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|The Meatball Band||7:45PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Big Head Todd & The Monsters||9:00 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Super Heroes||Hero, Jr.||11:30 AM||Pepsi Stage|
|John Spencer||12:45 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Corey Cox||2:00 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Otis Gibbs||3:15 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Sixpence None the Richer||4:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Red Wanting Blue||5:45 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Edwin McCain||7:00 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Darius Rucker||9:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Welcome Super Fans||DJ Limelight||11:30 AM||Pepsi Stage|
|Blackberry Jam||12:45 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Morris Day and the Time||2:00 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Bashiri Asad||3:15 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|En Vogue||4:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|Gentleman Alphonse||5:45 PM||Pepsi Stage|
|Fitz & the Tantrums||7:00 PM||Verizon Stage|
|LMFAO||9:30 PM||Verizon Stage|
|America’s Super Fans||DJ Kyle Long||11:30 AM||Pepsi Stage|
|Carson Diersing||12:45 PM|