Whitestown receives nearly $1 million Community Crossings Grant

0

Whitestown has received a Community Crossings Grant from the Indiana Dept. of Transportation for $999,423.

The funds will be used for repairing and paving C.R. 750 S. from Indianapolis Road to the town limit to the west and resurfacing Anson Boulevard. from Albert S White to C.R. 450 S. The project is expected to be complete by fall of 2021.

The town plans to resurface Anson Boulevard. from Albert S White to C.R. 450 S.

The estimated cost of the projects is $1,332,564, according to town officials.

“The Town will contribute 25 percent of the cost and INDOT will contribute the remaining 75 percent,” Whitestown Director of Public Works Danny Powers stated. “Roads are a critical component of economic development and quality of life. This grant has helped the town stretch its paving dollars.”

To qualify for funding, local governments must provide local matching funds and submit an INDOT-approved asset management plan for maintaining existing roads and bridges.

Whitestown is one of 241 Indiana cities, towns and counties to have received a combined $101 million in state matching funds for local road projects.


Current Morning Briefing Logo

Stay CURRENT with our daily newsletter (M-F) and breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox for free!

Select list(s) to subscribe to



By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Current Publishing, 30 S. Range Line Road, Carmel, IN, 46032, https://www.youarecurrent.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
Share.