Nickel Plate Arts will hold its eighth-anniversary gala Sept. 23 with the fifth edition of the Nickel Plate Arts Awards at Mustard Seed Gardens in Noblesville and feature dinner by Jacquie’s Catering, wine from Noble Wine & Spirits, live music and a live auction during Nickel Plate Arts’ premiere fundraiser of the year. There is a virtual option for the gala as well.
Aili McGill, executive director for Nickel Plate Arts, emphasizes the importance of the upcoming anniversary gala to Nickel Plate Arts’ ongoing success.
“During this time of economic and social uncertainty, our only fundraising event of the year is a vital component to our sustainability, allowing us to continue our programs and services into the new year,” she said. “The funds we raise at this event will not only allow us to continue fun projects like Welcome to Fairyville and our First Friday events, it will also allow us to continue providing professional development tools to artists, support to art students and teachers, and strategic planning that will help our entire creative community recover from the current crisis.”
McGill is eager to honor each of the nominees.
“This year’s Nickel Plate Arts Award nominees represent the best of our region’s creative economy,” McGill said. “These are people and corporations who have put their faith in the arts as a vehicle for personal and economic growth and who have shown us the power that the arts have to inspire and to motivate.”
Nominees for the 2020 Nickel Plate Arts Awards are:
- Emerging Artist of the Year: Skylar P. Letsinger, Mia Morales, Melissa Bruhn and Indy Gorgeous Club.
- Artist of the Year: Macey Dickerson, Heather Garrison, Korie Pickett, Sarah E. Morin, Craig Ogden and Keegan Loye.
- Arts Educator of the Year: Sue Payne, Conner Prairie and Hamilton County Artists’ Association; Jeanette Pomeroy Parssi, Nickel Plate Arts Classes; Shelley Feeney, Fall Creek Junior High; Bethany Robinson, Noblesville High School; and Wendy Meyer, Thorpe Creek Elementary.
- Emerging Patron of the Year: Les Reinhardt, Flexware Innovation, Dick Gordon, Hub & Spoke.
- Patron of the Year: Jim Longfellow; Steve Sanner, Jiffy Lube; Anthony Najem, Meyer Najem Construction; and Four Day Ray Brewing.
The gala will feature some new offerings.
“We’ll be streaming content via Zoom throughout the evening, including demos from artists, music, our awards ceremony and even a very quick workshop with our board president, Darren Peterson, on how to create our signature cocktail for the evening,” McGill said. “Finally, we’ll be sharing the link to our silent auction on our social media channels, so even if you can’t come in person or log into Zoom, you can still help support us. Our network of artists has donated amazing pieces to this year’s auction.”
For more, visit nickelplatearts.org/gala.