Commentary by Randy Sorrell and Bill Bernard
Finally, SGN — as in, some good news! And why not? Don’t we need and deserve some? Of course, SGN is not my idea’ it’s a riff from superstar actor John Krasinski (Google it), which is a spinoff from another. After all, that’s how most brilliant ideas occur.
Here goes the good news, in no particular order:
- To brighten our dispositions … redbud, magnolia, pear and serviceberry trees are screaming with color. Bright yellow forsythia shrubs, too. Drink it in!
- Speaking of drinking it in, distillers have retrofitted and are producing hand sanitizer with a kick. Make mine vodka, please.
- We’ve had a string of sunny, happy days.
- Truckers, teachers, grocery store staff are our new heroes! I make a motion to double their pay.
- GM, Ford, 3M and swarms of others are answering the call to produce ventilators and PPE. Capitalism at its finest.
- Good Day Carmel continues to lift our spirits and spread the good news of Carmel living.
- Community spirit is greater than ever with neighbors helping neighbors, drive-by birthday parties (HBD, Laurie L.) and caravans of teachers cruising neighborhoods to boost kid’s morale, and likely theirs, too.
- Parks and the Monon Trail are overwhelmed.
- Thousands are recovering from COVID-19.
And No. 10, one of my favorites, home has never meant so much. This powder room is a testament to No. 10 and is part of a larger project that allowed for growth in a laundry room, too.
The stunning gold-embossed sink, black granite counter and black lacquer vanity with gold inlay was sourced through Linkasink. Signature Hardware supplied the snazzy polished brass faucet and accessories. The appropriately named and yummy tile is Geometric Fusion. Simply brilliant, luxurious and incredibly stylish!
Mr. Homeowner is crazy thrilled and it is certainly offering a source of inspiration in times of social distancing and self-quarantining.
Some. Good. News.