This Meridian-Kessler Cape Cod was built in 1935 and received very few updates through the years. The new homeowners were eager to transform the small, boxy kitchen into a warm and welcoming gathering space for family and friends. The couple also loves to cook, so an organized and efficient design was imperative!
- Previously, the kitchen/dining/breakfast area was divided into three rooms. Walls were removed and structural beams added to support the second level. The beam running perpendicular to the stove shows where the old kitchen ended.
- The new floorplan beautifully maximizes every inch of square footage.
- Poplar cabinetry on the island and built-in buffet are a tranquil blue, while the perimeter cabinetry is a crisp white.
- The original hardwood flooring was patched and refinished.
- Shiplap trim and custom corbels complete this stunning remodel.
Larry Greene is the owner of Case Design/Remodeling; email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit caseindy.com for more remodeling inspiration and advice.