Now that spring is here, the City of Carmel is preparing for a full construction season of road projects.
Many variables affect start and finish dates, but expected 2018 road projects are:
- 111th Street culvert replacement (just west of Westfield Boulevard). Anticipated to begin on or after March 13. Full closure for 75 days.
- 121st Street culvert replacements (four in total) between Boone County Line and Shelborne Road. Could begin by end of March. A rolling closure.
- River Road reconstruction (mostly pertaining to the northbound lane). Remaining curb work and landscaping as well as trail addition to taking place mostly over Carmel’s Spring Break (April 2-6), with some work to follow in the summer.
- 3rd Street SW and City Center Drive roundabout. After April utility work, construction should begin by June. Full closure.
- 96th Street and Hazel Dell Parkway roundabout (partial closure only). Construction to begin in late March and last until June or July.
- 96th Street and Priority Way roundabout (partial closure only). Construction to begin on or after April 2 and last until June or July.
- 96th Street and Keystone Parkway interchange. Utility relocations continue this spring.
- Monon Boulevard reconstruction. Work underway. Will continue through the end of 2018.
- Range Line Road reconstruction. Work underway between Executive Drive and City Center Drive. Completion expected by June 1.
- Range Line Road (136th Street to US 31 overpass). After utility work in April, construction to begin by June 1 and last until early 2019.
- Southwest Clay path projects. Ongoing construction of path projects on Shelborne, Towne, and Ditch roads.
- 96th and Delegates Row roundabout (partial closure). Construction to begin in June or July, lasting until October or November.
- 96th and Gray Road roundabout (partial closure). Construction to begin in June or July, lasting until October or November.
- Carmel Drive and Old Meridian Street roundabout. Construction to begin in July and last until the end of August. Full closure.
- Main Street and Gray Road roundabout. Construction will not begin until after school is out. Full closure for 45 days.
- 116th Street stormwater projects (west of Spring Mill Road). Construction to take place between June 1 and August 15.
- Jordan Woods stormwater projects. Ongoing.
- Forest Drive stormwater projects. Ongoing.
- Southwest Clay path projects. Ongoing.
- 116th Street and Range Line Road roundabout. Construction dates TBA.
- Medical Drive and Range Line Road roundabout. Construction dates TBA.
- Main Street and Guilford Road roundabout; north end Guilford Road reconstruction project. Construction dates TBA.
- Culvert project on Westfield Boulevard (South of 116th Street). Construction dates TBA.
Stay on top of information by signing up for email alerts and updates at CarmelLink.com. For any remaining questions or concerns contact the City Engineering Dept. at 317-571-2441 or email Engineering Administrator Joshua Kirsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.