Investigators determine Zionsville Main Street fire accidental

0

The Zionsville Fire Dept. has determined that a Sept. 18 fire that damaged three businesses and apartments on Main Street was accidental.

The investigation concluded that the fire started in the basement of Noah Grants restaurant when an exothermic reaction resulted in spontaneous ignition of rags in a trash container. The fire spread to cause as much as $750,000 in damage at Noah Grants, Silk Purse Antiques, Julie Bova Designs and the apartment area upstairs.

The one resident at home at the time of the fire escaped safely before firefighters arrived. One firefighter was injured on the scene, transported to a hospital and released later in the day.


Current Morning Briefing Logo

Stay CURRENT with our daily newsletter (M-F) and breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox for free!

Select list(s) to subscribe to



By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Current Publishing, 30 S. Range Line Road, Carmel, IN, 46032, https://www.youarecurrent.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
Share.