Commentary by Kara Babcock
The temperatures are cooling. Kids are back to school. Football has started, and the sun is setting earlier. Fall is fast approaching. With the start of fall comes hectic and busy schedules between dropping kids off at school, activities, work, appointments, cooking, cleaning and all the other fun daily tasks. These normal daily activities make it sometimes impossible to take time for yourself and fit in a workout. Baby Boot Camp would like to tell you 10 ways to successfully turn your workout into a habit this fall. These are 10 simple little things you can change or do in your daily routine which will help getting that workout in a little easier.
• Wear workout clothes all day so that you have no excuse to not go to fitness class or the gym.
• Find a friend or your “tribe” who you can make your accountability partner on those days you don’t feel like working out. They can help encourage you to get to your fitness class or gym.
• Schedule exercise on your calendar, or put in your phone as a reminder.
• Don’t go home after morning school drop off. Find a class that is directly after preschool drop off.
• Find a class that allows you to bring your little ones so that you do not have to worry about childcare.
• Find workout clothes that you love and fit well so that you are comfortable and feel good about yourself for your workout.
• Lay out your clothes the night before so that you see them as soon as you wake up, and it gives you one less excuse to skip that workout.
• Plan a coffee date or something fun with friends for after your workout so that you have something to look forward to and reward yourself after your workout.
• Find a workout or class that has variety and makes exercise fun, whether that be a boot camp, dance class or yoga. The more variety, the more you will look forward to the workout.
• Remember that any workout is better than no workout and to be kind to yourself. So even if all you can do is a 10-minute walk, that’s great!
I hope that these tips help out a little and help you to fall into your fitness routine.
Kara Babcock is an ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor. She can be reached at Kara.firstname.lastname@example.org. Baby Boot Camp-Carmel, Noblesville & Fishers has classes at St. Vincent Fishers Hospital and The Fashion Mall.