The Indiana Dept. of Transportation has announced the following construction updates for the Fishers area with its I-69 Major Moves 2020 program:
• Preparing for southbound traffic shifts while construction of the new northbound lane begins in early August. Northbound lanes in the same section have also shifted, with speed limits reduced to 60 mph and further to 50 mph when workers are present.
• As crews install a concrete barrier along the interstate median, the left lane of southbound I-69 will be closed each night between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
• Construction of new double-crossover diamond interchange at I-69’s Exit 210 has narrowed Campus Parkway lanes to 11 feet wide. The first phase of interchange construction is widening the bridge over I-69 and building new ramps. Traffic will be shifted into the double-crossover diamond configuration later this summer.
• Milestone Contractors is patching northbound pavement north of Exit 210, which will continue north past Exit 219 before returning southbound on I-69 back to Exit 210 in August.
• Patching and paving operations require alternating lane closures six nights per week, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Mondays through Saturdays.