By Sadie Hunter
The Zionsville Town Council, at its July 5 meeting, approved re-appropriations for nine funds within the city’s 2016 budget.
“As we have done in years past, either once or twice a year, we need to analyze a re-appropriation resolution,” Deputy Mayor Ed Mitro said addressing the council. “(These are) not additional funds. This is taking money from one line item within our budget and moving it to another line item.”
From it’s original passing of the budget, the council passed the resolution 7-0 to re-appropriate funds not needed for their original appropriations. They are as follows:
- From the Parks and Recreation Fund and Zionsville Parks Dept., a total of $10,694.16 was re-appropriated from line items like salary increases, signs, telephones, printing and cemetery care to costs associated with staffing (Superintendent, Tech II, Tech, Naturalist and Assistant Superintendent), insurance and tree service.
- For the Golf Course Fund (Fund 275), $52,886 was re-appropriated from costs associated with staffing (Manager, Unemployment), signs and aeration to part-time and overtime costs, tree service and maintenance.
- In the city’s TIF (tax-increment financing) Fund (Fund 490), the town council approved the re-appropriation of $443,000 from the Lease Rental Bond of 2008 to Redevelopment Engineering and Creekside Corporate Park Engineering.
- Within the Zionsville Police Dept.’s Police Operating Fund (Fund 209), $44,433.88 was re-appropriated to pay for staffing costs (police chief, captain, lieutenant, sergeant, detective, patrolman 2 and administrative assistant).
- In the General Fund (Fund 101), administrative appropriations for pay increases, vehicle expenses, building maintenance, equipment upgrades and promotional, totaling $61,962, were re-appropriated to pay for staffing (clerk-treasurer, building inspector, planning director, senior inspector, planner 1, town manager, administrative assistant for the town manager, IT position and planning administrative assistant), general maintenance, bank fees, and plan commission legal expenses.
- Within the Zionsville Fire Dept. and Fire Operating Fund (Fund 207), $146,719 was re-appropriated from health insurance, accident and sickness costs, performance pay, fuel, telephone and gas heat to staffing (engineer, fire chief, deputy chief, division chief, captain, lieutenant, firefighter and administrative assistant), worker’s compensation, travel and fire station maintenance. An additional $7,000 was re-appropriated from the Fire Equipment Replacement Fund (Fund 208) from a fire engine to fire equipment.
- The Wastewater Fund (Fund 606) for the Zionsville Wastewater Dept. will re-appropriate $494,168.17 from staffing costs (part-time and overtime costs, chief operator, employee training, merit raises and sewer clerk), refunds, rebuilding Lobeline pump, IDEM permit fees and accounting to staffing (superintendent, maintenance supervisor, operator 1, operator 2 and billing clerk), water, treatment plant repair and maintenance, revenue bonds and miscellaneous.
- The MVH (motor vehicle highway) fund (Fund 201) for the Zionsville Street and Stormwater Dept. will re-appropriate $30,424 from staffing costs (part time and overtime, assistant superintendent, undistributed pay increases) to other staffing costs (superintendent, administrative assistant, team leader, street tech 1, street tech 2, stormwater coordinator, part time and overtime and training and conference costs), tires and insurance.