Gas grill causes $70k in damages to Westfield home

0

 

Westfield Fire Dept. investigators believe a house fire was started by a gas grill that was left on at the rear of the residence at 416 Sonhatsett Dr. on April 12. (Submitted photo)

Westfield Fire Dept. investigators believe a house fire was started by a gas grill that was left on at the rear of the residence at 416 Sonhatsett Dr. on April 12. (Submitted photo)

Investigators believe a Westfield house fire was started by a gas grill that was left on at the rear of the residence on April 12.

The Westfield Fire Dept. responded to a residence fire at 416 Sonhatsett Dr. Crews were able to minimize damage by quickly attacking the fire. Residents were home at the time and the family’s German Shepard, Zeus, awoke the family.

“Thanks to Zeus the family made it out safely along with their other pet,” Fire Chief Joe Lyons stated.

The fire is estimated to have caused $70,000 in damages. Lyons said the fire has displaced the residents.

 


Current Morning Briefing Logo

Stay CURRENT with our daily newsletter (M-F) and breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox for free!

Select list(s) to subscribe to



By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Current Publishing, 30 S. Range Line Road, Carmel, IN, 46032, https://www.youarecurrent.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
Share.