With the upcoming primary election on May 5, it is important to note this is the determining election as the candidate pool is dominated by one party. Many of the candidates run unopposed in the November election. So it is imperative that Westfield residents get out and vote in the primary to have your voice heard. Note the deadline for voter registration is April 6. Please visit www.hamiltoncounty.in.gov for current election information.
The mission of the Westfield Chamber of Commerce is to promote a positive business environment in the Westfield community. While it is policy of the Chamber not to endorse specific political candidates, the Chamber does affirm the following strategies and encourages residents to support candidates who advocate for the following:
• A business-friendly growth policy coupled with a “Quality-of-Life” strategy for residents.
• Public/private partnerships in community development when deemed advantageous to positive economic growth.
• Continued economic development in and around the Grand Park Complex.
• Managed residential growth with necessary infrastructure needs, both for single-family development and multiple dwelling units.
• Extended workforce development of the necessary skills needed for tomorrow’s Westfield, including programs in local schools with private sector collaborations.
• Redevelopment of Downtown Westfield, known as the Grand Junction Initiative, enhancing the quality of life and providing community space for Westfield residents to enjoy.
• A sensible transit policy that provides services for Westfield while aligning with a broader Regional Transit Strategy.
Westfield Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors