Despite the snow and winter weather, construction continues at Noblesville High School Main and Freshmen campuses. The $39.5 million projects will be completed in time for the start of the 2014-15 school year. Performance Services, the firm handling the design and construction, provided the following update on work at each site:
• Freshman/Administration addition: completed foundations; completed stone base for slab; started under-slab utilities and began structural steel.
• Completed site clearing and building demolition for band room addition.
• Completed structural steel, steel joists and steel decking (music labs) at Freshman/Administration addition.
• Started utility relocations at south gymnasium/locker room addition.
Next 30 days:
• Complete structural steel and slabs on grade and deck at Freshman/Administration addition.
• Complete building pad and foundations at band addition.
• Complete utility relocates and building pad and begin foundations for gym/locker addition.
Freshman Campus (to be Noblesville East Middle School)
• Completed foundations and stone under-slab base, and began under-slab utilities and structural steel at south building addition (8th grade classrooms).
• Began utility relocates, under-slab piping and foundations at north building addition (6th grade classrooms).
• Began existing pool plaster ceiling demolition.
Next 30 days:
• Complete south addition (8th grade classrooms) structural steel and concrete slab.
• Complete north addition (6th grade classrooms) foundations and structural steel.
• Complete force main relocation adjacent to south addition.
• Complete existing pool demolition work and begin new LGI/wrestling room interior foundations and slab on grade.