Carmel Clay Schools (CCS) is inviting all 2013-2014 Carmel kindergarten families to register online and attend their school’s scheduled Parent Information Sessions. All 11 CCS elementary schools will have one morning and one evening session available to incoming kindergarten families during the week of Feb. 4. While online registration is open all year, parents are encouraged to enroll children by March 15, 2013, for district planning purposes.
During the Kindergarten Information Sessions, administrative teams will discuss general information about kindergarten, the online registration process, provide tours, and answer questions. The dates and times are as follows:
- Carmel Elementary Feb. 7 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Cherry Tree Feb. 5 at 9am and 6:30pm
- College Wood Feb. 5 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Forest Dale Feb. 5 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Mohawk Trails Feb. 5 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Orchard Park Feb. 5 at 6:30pm and Feb. 7 at 8:45am
- Prairie Trace Feb. 5 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Smoky Row Feb. 5 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Towne Meadow Feb. 7 at 9am and 6:30pm
- West Clay Feb. 6 at 6:30pm and Feb. 7 at 9am
- Woodbrook Feb. 4 at 9am and Feb. 5 at 6:30pm
Carmel Clay Schools offers tuition-free full-day kindergarten to all Carmel families. Alternating all-day kindergarten is not offered.
Online registration website: https://forms.ccs.k12.in.us/ParentPortal/pages/login.aspx.
Requirements for registration:
- Official birth certificate (not a hospital record) AND
- Proof of residency: utility (electric and/or gas) statement, rental agreement, purchase agreement or closing documents and/or deed
These documents can be scanned or digitally photographed and then uploaded to CCS via the online registration program, or guardians may deliver the paperwork to the school directly.
Guardians should also note that immunization records must be submitted to the school by Aug. 1, 2013. Those records may also be scanned and uploaded online, dropped off at the school, or sent by a doctor’s office.
Students must be at least five years old by Sept. 1 to start kindergarten in August 2013. While the state requires incoming kindergarten students to be five by Aug. 1, CCS grants waivers to students who will turn five by Sept. 1, 2013.
More information about CCS kindergarten is available on our website: http://www1.ccs.k12.in.us/district/prospective-families-students. A map of elementary school boundaries can be found here: http://myccs.ccs.k12.in.us/district/boundaries/.
While online registration and the ability to update information are always available, parents are strongly encouraged to register their children for kindergarten by March 15 so students can be screened and the school district may plan for staffing and classroom schedules.
For more information about kindergarten registration and programming, call Joni Morris at the Carmel Clay Educational Services Center at (317) 844-9961, ext.1054.