Prepare yourself for the roads and track the progress of the Town of Fishers ongoing projects. Current in Fishers sat down with Town of Fishers Director of Engineering Jeff Hill to get his assessment of construction on the thoroughfares.
Hill said, as of Thursday, all projects are on or under budget. Some projects, such as the Allisonville Road site, saw increases in cost for individual aspects of the project, while others, such as a the 135th Place project, have seen price reductions.
Project: Allisonville and 96th Street “Michigan Left”
- Status: Even though rain and problems with utilities occurred, the contractor continues to make progress, according to Hill. The town is working with the contractor to keep businesses happy with driveways in the area. He said the project is now entering the fourth phase of maintenance of traffic, meaning commuters can see increased progress now that the storm sewer and utilities are taken care of. More concrete pavement is coming up. The project saw a $40,000 increase for materials.
Project: 135th Place intersection
- Status: The project was supposed to start a week prior to press time. However, Hill worked with INDOT to eliminate a phase of construction on the project involving Ind. 37. The northbound and southbound lanes on Ind. 37 will be shifted towards the middle in order to build a right turn lane and improved shoulder. The modification to the project saves time, night work and approximately $75,000, according to Hill. He also said excavation for the connector road has started and will continue for more than 90 days.
Project: 126th Street Projects
- Status: Hill had no specific updates on the road improvements. Work continues on and is scheduled to be completed in November, but the intersection at Cumberland Road is open.
Project: Fall Creek and Brooks School Road roundabout
- Status: Hill said the town is still in dispute for eminent domain with a land owner in the construction area.
Project: Ongoing resurfacing work
- Status: Engineering has identified several roads due for resurfacing. Those roads are Shadowlawn Drive, Ford Drive, Ford Circle, Fishers Pointe Boulevard and a piece of the 126th Street and Allisonville Road intersection. Bids open for the projects at the end of the month, and the projects should be finished by November.