Action: Girls varsity locker rooms added to Noblesville High School
- What it means: As part of the construction of the wellness addition at NHS, the school board has approved a new scope to the project. Director of Operations Jeff Bragg said the school is out of locker space and other changes were made to Phase I construction plans to allow the girls locker rooms to be built. Bragg added the boys locker room additions were already in the plans.
- What’s next: Construction will begin on the new girls and boys locker rooms following the conclusion of the boy’s basketball season.
Action: Addition of part-time assistant principals at elementary schools
- What it means: Each elementary school will have an assistant principal to help with teacher evaluations and other administrative duties. Assistant principals will not travel between two schools, instead they will teach half of the day. Since Hinkle Creek has a part-time assistant, it will turn to a full-time position because the school has more than 800 students.
- What’s next: Assistant principal positions will begin with the 2012-2013 school year.
Action: Grandfathering of fourth-grade students to their elementary school in 2012-2013.
- What it means: Fourth-grade students are allowed to stay at their elementary school as fifth-graders next year. As Promise Road Elementary opens in August, the district will be redistricted again for the 2012-2013 school year. This is consistent with past practices by the district during other redistricting years.
- What’s next: If parents provide transportation and space is available at the school, fourth-graders may remain at their school. However, the grandfathering does not allow for younger siblings to also stay enrolled at their school if redistricted.