New this year, Carmel Clay Schools (CCS) is offering online registration to all 2012-2013 kindergarten families with informational kindergarten meetings scheduled the week of Jan. 23, 2012, for parents at each of the 11 elementary schools. All kindergarten registrations should be completed by March 15, 2012.
Each elementary school is hosting both a morning and evening parent information session during the week of Jan. 23. During these meetings, administrative teams will discuss general information about kindergarten and the new online registration process, provide tours, and answer questions. The dates and times are as follows:
- Carmel Elementary Jan. 26 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Cherry Tree Jan. 24 at 9am and 6:30pm
- College Wood Jan. 25 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Forest Dale Jan. 26 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Mohawk Trails Jan. 25 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Orchard Park Jan.26 at 6:30pm and Jan. 27 at 9am
- Prairie Trace Jan.26 at 6:30pm and Jan. 27 at 9am
- Smoky Row Jan. 26 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Towne Meadow Jan.26 at 6:30pm and Jan. 27 at 9am
- West Clay Jan. 26 at 9am and 6:30pm
- Woodbrook Elementary Jan. 24 at 9am and 6:30pm
Carmel Clay Schools offers full-day kindergarten to all parents who are interested. The fee for full-day kindergarten is estimated at $1,550. There is no program fee for alternating-day kindergarten.
Requirements for registration:
- Official birth certificate (not a hospital record) AND
- Proof of residency
- Utility (electric and/or gas) statement AND
- Rental agreement, purchase agreement or closing documents, deed
These documents can be scanned or digitally photographed and then uploaded to CCS via the online registration program, or guardians may deliver the paperwork to the school directly.
Guardians should also note that immunization records must be submitted to the school by Aug. 1, 2012. Those records may also be scanned and uploaded online, dropped off at the school, or sent by a doctor’s office.
Students must be at least five years old by Sept. 1 to start kindergarten in August 2012. While the state requires incoming kindergarten students to be five by Aug. 1, CCS grants waivers to students who will turn five by Sept. 1, 2012.
More information about CCSkindergarten is available on our website:http://www1.ccs.k12.in.us/district/prospective-families-students. A map of elementary school boundaries can be found here: http://myccs.ccs.k12.in.us/district/boundaries/.
While online registration and updates are always available, parents are strongly encouraged to register their children for kindergarten by March 15 so the school district may plan for staffing and scheduling classrooms.
For more information about kindergarten registration and programming, call Joni Morris at the Carmel Clay Educational Services Center at (317) 844-9961, ext.1054.