Pedestrian bridge to be built over 146th Street

Monon Bridge Artists Rendering

Monon bridge artist's rendering

Monon Trail users should be able to cross 146th Street next year without stopping for traffic.

The Hamilton County Highway Dept. has approved final designs for a pedestrian bridge to cross 146th Street at Rohrer Road. Work for the more than $3.3 million project is expected to begin in the spring, after work is completed on the 146th Street bridge over U.S. 31.

According to the HCHD’s website, the project is expected to be completed in summer 2012 with federal aid covering approximately 80 percent of the utility relocation, construction, and construction inspection costs.  The remaining 20 percent and all of the design costs will be locally funded.

Current Morning Briefing Logo

Stay CURRENT with our daily newsletter (M-F) and breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox for free!

Select list(s) to subscribe to

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Current Publishing, 30 S. Range Line Road, Carmel, IN, 46032, You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact